iCare Health Solutions is a Health Services Organization that delivers fully-integrated and coordinated eye care solutions. Our solutions embrace well-care by proactively maintaining and measuring patient health through our primary eye care model. As part of this responsibility, we are contracted by several Health Plans to provide Retinal Screenings for non-compliant Diabetic patients.
We are doctor-owned, patient-focused, and guided by a fundamental purpose to create a better healthcare delivery system where integration and collaboration drives better outcomes.
We seek employees who are creative-thinkers with fresh insights, who thrive in a dynamic, customer-centric environment. We value diversity and recognize that the unique qualities of individuals contribute to our strength.
Scope and Purpose of Position:
- Capture images of the eyes of diabetic patients.
- Educate and set appropriate patient expectations regarding the purpose and screening process.
- Upload and transmit patient images and reports through an on-line portal during or immediately after each screening.
- Travel to screening locations, perform screening prep, and wrap-up duties as outlined.
- Collaborate with remote team members and management, as well as screening location staff.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude; work with members of staff on identifying process improvements; and perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Work with a variety of patients, mostly elderly.
- Coordinate patient flow with medical staff at variety of offices.
- Discuss expectations and processes with patients.
- Capture retinal images, using an automatic digital camera.
- Upload and transmit images and reports through an on-line portal.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Focus attention on quality outcomes and meeting established goals.
- Requires daily use of considerable discretion, judgment, and independent problem solving.
- Reliable transportation to travel locally to screenings is a must.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate degree or work history equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a professional environment with customer or patient interaction.
- Minimum of 1 year medical or eye care experience is preferred, or work history equivalent.
- Being bi-lingual (English / Spanish) is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with patients and staff in a professional manner.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be prompt, organized and have excellent time management capabilities.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
- Appropriate business attire and professional appearance is required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook knowledge; ability to learn company software systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift 30 pounds is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a remote position and the work environment will vary. Employee must be comfortable working in a darkened room.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed and general areas of accountability. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, duties and skills required of this position.